Player Code of Conduct
The following “Code of Conduct” outlines the Prospect Lake Soccer Club’s expectations of all players. Each player should review these guidelines and abide by them at all times.
- Always treat your teammates, coaches, opponents and officials in the same manner that you would like to be treated. That means respect, dignity, and total sportsmanship at all times.
- Know the rules and abide by them.
- Play fairly and respect the officials, opponents and your fellow teammates. Listen to your coaches and never question an official.
- Control your behavior. Verbal, physical, and racial abuse will not be tolerated, nor will inappropriate hand gestures. Coaches are there to coach and not to improve each player’s behaviour. If you behave inappropriately, your coach is permitted to remove you from the event.
- Do not deliberately miss practices or games. Communicate with the coach or manager when you cannot attend a practice or game.
- Do not take part in any form of bullying, either to an opposing player or to a player on your team. It is understood that bullying in any form, whether in person or electronically (any form of social media), will not be tolerated by PLSC.
- Practice the principle that a team’s reputation is built not only on its playing ability, but also on the sportsmanship, courtesy, and manners of each individual player. Set the example.
- Be humble and generous in victory and proud and dignified in defeat.
- Remember that a failure by the team is shared by all of the members and should not be blamed on individual members. Of course, successes are always shared.
- Always try your best to improve personally and to help your team improve. Encourage your teammates to do the same.
- Have fun! Win or lose, try to enjoy every moment on the field.
- PLSC will not pay for team fines or personal player fines.