Coach Code of Conduct
The following “Code of Conduct” outlines the Prospect Lake Soccer Club’s expectations of all coaches. Each coach should review these guidelines and abide by them at all times.
- We will place the players’ physical and emotional well-being ahead of any personal desire to win.
- We will nurture good sportsmanship and fair play and teach the players the value of competition and winning and losing.
- We will set reasonable expectations for each player and for the team.
- We will remind the players of these expectations if we feel individually, or as a team, they are not performing to their abilities.
- We will do our best to teach the fundamentals of the game.
- We will never ridicule or shout at a player, or the team as a whole, for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- We will instruct players and parents in the laws of the game and motivate all to act within them.
- We will ensure that all team officials, players and parents treat opposing players, their fans, and the match officials with respect. Verbal, physical, and racial abuse will not be tolerated.
- We have a personal commitment to keep ourselves informed on sound coaching principles and the principles of children’s growth and development.
- We will strive to keep communication lines open with parents and players.
- We will arrive early and be prepared for games and practices.
- We will ensure that all players receive equal instruction and support.
- There is to be no smoking on or around team benches.